Prolonged use of a hair serum can cause damage to the hair due to the presence of silicone. It is advisable to use hair serums available in the market in low quantity. However, one can also use different natural ingredients as hair serums for getting a long-lasting positive effect. It will not only moisturize the hair and keep it frizz-free but also will add a natural shine to the hair.
Hair serum for dry hair
- Mix one tablespoon of castor oil, one tablespoon of avocado oil and three tablespoons of sweet almond oil in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of essential oils like lavender along with sandalwood oil.
- This mixture of oil is ready to be used as serum and can be stored in a bottle with a covered lid.
It should be applied on damp hair and requires only a few drops. Always, shake the bottle well before applying the mixture. The hair might weigh down or get too oily if too much of this hair serum is applied.
Hair serum for damaged hair
- Mix two tablespoons of argan oil, three tablespoons of jojoba oil and one tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of lavender and sandalwood essential oil.
- Mix all the oils well and store in a lid covered bottle away from sunlight.
This hair serum is ready to use and requires only a few drops. Always shake the bottle, so that the oil mixes well before applying them on damp hair.
Hair serum for split ends
- Mix fractionated coconut oil, argan oil and sea buckthorn oil in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of geranium and sandalwood essential oils.
- Mix the oils properly and store in a closed lid bottle away from sunlight.
Hair serum for split ends is ready to use on damp hair. However, apart from applying this moisturizing hair serum, one should note that you should never towel dry the hair as it may cause split ends. The best way to dry the hair is to squeeze the excess water from the hair and wrap it in a cotton T-shirt. This T-shirt could be removed once the hair is no more dripping wet. Additionally, while applying this hair serum, attention should be given mostly at the hair ends.
Hair serum for hair growth
- Mix grapeseed oil, jojoba oil and Jamaican black castor oil in a container.
- Add a few drops of essential oils like lavender, rosemary, thyme, and cedarwood oils to the mixture.
- Store the mixture of oils in a covered bottle and shake it oil, so that all the oils blend well.
Hair serum for hair growth can be applied on the scalp. After massaging this oil in the scalp, it should be kept for one to two hours before the shower. In order to support this serum for getting the optimum result, sulfate free shampoo and silicone free conditioner should be used.
Natural hair serums not only keep the hair healthy but are also very useful for dealing with problems like frizz, split ends and for promoting hair growth.